Pan-Seared Salmon Cakes
• 1 cans salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
• 1 eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 TB onion, fine diced
• 2 TB red bell pepper, fine diced
• 2 TB flat-leaf parsley, minced
• 1 TB Dijon mustard
• 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
• kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 3 teaspoons olive oil
In a bowl, break apart the salmon with a fork. Add mustard and the egg and mix well. Add onions, peppers, parsley and bread crumbs to the bowl and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into 4 patties. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil over a medium heat. Add patties and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Warm Chocolate Pudding
• 1 large egg
• 2 1/4 cups nonfat or low-fat milk, divided
• 2/3 cup sugar, divided
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Lightly beat egg with a fork in a medium bowl.
• Combine 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/3 cup sugar and salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
• Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, cocoa and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup milk until blended. Whisk the simmering milk mixture into the cocoa mixture. Pour the mixture back into the pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and glossy, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
• Whisk about 1 cup of the hot cocoa mixture into the beaten egg. Return the egg mixture to the pan and cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until steaming and thickened, about 2 minutes. (Do not boil.) Whisk in vanilla. Serve warm