WLTX featured chef Kristian Nemi shares his recipe for French Onion Soup:
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-8 1/2"-thick slices baguette
- 1 cup grated Gruyère cheese
Saute onions in butter over medium heat until softened and lightly caramelized. Add brandy and cook for additional minute. Add broth and thyme. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, ladle soup in deep bowl. Top with bread and cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Careful! It's hot like lava!