Barn Raising Breakfast
Cooking Time: 40 min
What You'll Need:
1 pound ground breakfast sausage
1/2 cup diced onion
1 (8-ounce) package crescent roll dough
1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated shredded potatoes, browned
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage and onion until browned.
3. Unroll dough and lay flat across bottom of baking dish. Evenly spoon sausage mixture over dough. Top with browned potatoes, 1 cup cheese, and red pepper.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper; pour over red bell pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned and eggs are set. Let cool 5 minutes then serve.
Our Test Kitchen is big on Amish-inspired recipes for their wholesome heartiness. Why not try our Hootenanny Pancake for another tasty breakfast option!