Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
1 quart strawberries, washed, hulled, and quartered
1 cup sugar
1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature
1 cup cubed fresh rhubarb (see Note)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter, melted
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine strawberries and sugar; mix well until sugar dissolves.
3. Unfold one pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly into pie plate.
4. Place remaining pie crust on a work surface and using the plastic cap of a soda bottle, cut 8 to 10 circles from the center, forming polka dots, and leaving a 2-inch border around the edges.
5. Add rhubarb, flour, and butter to strawberry mixture; mix well and spoon into pie crust. Place cut-out crust over strawberry mixture. Pinch together and trim edges to seal, then flute, if desired.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Allow to cool slightly before serving, or chill until ready to serve.
If fresh rhubarb is not in season, you can substitute a cup of frozen rhubarb that you've thawed and drained.
We're big fans of fruity pies and if you are, too, you just might want to try another one of our favorites, Awesome Blueberry Pie.