Homestyle Macaroni and Cheese
Cooking Time: 50 min
What You'll Need:
1 pound elbow macaroni
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups milk
4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup crushed saltine crackers
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain, return macaroni to pot, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. Add flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil, and cook until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheese and continue stirring until melted.
3. Add three-quarters of cheese sauce to macaroni; mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish and pour remaining cheese sauce evenly over top.
4. In a microwaveable bowl, melt remaining butter in microwave. Stir in crushed crackers; mix until crumbs are evenly coated. Sprinkle evenly over top of macaroni.
5. Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.
How about topping off this ultimate comfort meal with a bowl of creamy rice pudding?! Mmmm!