Shortbread Tea Cookies
makes about 36
Chilling Time: 30 min
Cooking Time:15 min
What You'll Need:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon tea (from 3 tea bags)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add flour, tea, and salt; beat until a dough is formed. (You may need to work the dough with your hands until it comes together.)
2. Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log about 2 inches in diameter. Chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice dough into 1/3-inch circles and place on baking sheets.
4. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges are browned. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
5. In a microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate in microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is smooth, stirring occasionally. Dip cooled cookies halfway into chocolate and place on wax paper-lined tray. Let sit until chocolate hardens.
To make your cookies in a "tea bag" shape, just roll out dough to 1/4-inch and, using a knife, cut out into shape seen in photo.
Maybe it seems obvious, but a hot cup of our Citrus Tea would be a great accompaniment to these delicious cookies!