Overnight Coffee Cake
Chilling Time: 8 hr
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for baking dish
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped pecans
What To Do:
1. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, then sprinkle with flour. (See Note)
2. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, the baking powder, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, the butter, milk, and eggs. Beat until well combined; pour into prepared baking dish, then cover and chill at least 8 hours, or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining brown sugar and cinnamon with the pecans. Sprinkle over chilled batter.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut, and serve warm.
Some people prefer to prepare the pan with only cooking spray. If it's your preference to flour to pan as well, go right ahead!
Since this cake is so special, you may just want to whip up a batch of Viennese Coffee to serve with it!