Sherry Gore, the author of Simply Delicious Amish Cooking, has graciously shared her recipe for Hand-Breaded Pork Chops with us, and we couldn't be happier. Sauteed in a pan and drizzled with gravy, this mouthwatering dish will disappear in a flash!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (1-inch-thick) pork chops
- Salt and pepper for sprinkling
- 1/2onion, thinly sliced
CREAMY COUNTRY GRAVY
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and butter until hot.
- In a shallow dish, place milk. In another shallow dish, place flour. Dip pork chops in milk, then in flour, coating completely. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in skillet.
- Cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned, turn chops over, add onions, and continue to cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink and onions are golden brown. Remove chops and onions to a platter; cover.
- To make gravy, melt butter in skillet, then add flour. Slowly stir in milk and cook until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper, pour over pork chops, and serve immediately.