If you love the taste of old-fashioned root beer, then you'll love this lip-smackin' chicken. The root beer adds a rich caramel accent to the BBQ sauce.
Cooking Time:1 hr 20 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken pieces in baking dish; season with salt and pepper.
2. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and juices run clear.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes, or until sauce is reduced by half.
4. Preheat grill to medium heat. Coat chicken with sauce and grill 5 minutes per side, basting frequently with sauce. Bring remaining sauce to a boil, then serve with chicken.