Head south of the border tonight for dinner with our Tex-Mex Chicken Enchiladas. This dish is loaded with authentic Mexican flavor and you don't even have to leave your house!
Cooking Time:35 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 (10-ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, finely chopped
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine enchilada sauce, cocoa powder, chili powder, and garlic powder; mix well.
3. In a large bowl, combine chicken, 2 cups cheese, chipotle pepper, and 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture. Spoon chicken mixture down center of tortillas, distributing evenly; roll up.
4. Pour 3/4 cup enchilada sauce mixture in bottom of prepared dish. Arrange enchiladas over sauce, seam-side down. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
5. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake 5 minutes more, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately