Our recipe for Easy Corn Fritters is a take-off on a traditional American classic. We've made it as easy as possible 'cause, after all, isn't that what we need these days?
Makes: about 2 dozen
Cooking Time:15 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 (14-3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn (thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, or more as needed
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Add eggs and salsa; mix well. Stir in both corns.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil . Drop batter into hot skillet 1 tablespoonful at a time and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning fritters halfway through cooking. Remove to a covered platter.
- Add another tablespoon oil to skillet. When hot, repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.