Rosemary Biscuits & Country Gravy
Makes: 8 biscuits
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
2 cups self-rising flour
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
9 tablespoons butter, divided
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 (16-ounce) package hot pork sausage
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups milk
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine self-rising flour and rosemary. Cut 5 tablespoons butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly; add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times.
3. Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Place skillet in oven 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, pat or roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-inch round cutter. Remove skillet from oven and place dough rounds in skillet.
5. Bake 14 minutes, or until just lightly browned. Melt remaining butter and brush over biscuits.
6.Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage 6 to 8 minutes or until no pink remains, stirring to crumble sausage. Add all-purpose flour; mix well. Add Worcestershire sauce and milk; mix well. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until gravy thickens, stirring constantly. Serve over biscuits.
If you don't have a cast-iron skillet, use a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray.
Wanna try another tasty biscuit option? Our Bacon Biscuit Cups are irresistible!