COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Authorities have reported four deaths related to the winter storm in South Carolina.
The Berkeley County coroner says a 25-year-old man was found dead in a home being heated with a charcoal grill. The coroner suspects the man died from carbon monoxide poisoning, but toxicology reports will be needed to confirm the preliminary findings.
Marion County Supervisor Tim Harper said one person was killed and another injured Thursday morning in a house fire in Marion. Harper says the blaze started as the victim was trying to keep the home warm after the power went out.
The Highway Patrol blamed a Wednesday death on Interstate 95 in Clarendon County and a Thursday death on a Hampton County road on icy conditions.