BENNETTSVILLE, S.C. (AP) -- A man has died after he apparently was shocked and fell 100 feet from a South Carolina high school football stadium where he was changing lightbulbs.
The Morning News of Florence reported that 36-year-old John Christopher Touchberry of Florence died about noon Tuesday after he fell at McAlpine Stadium in Bennettsville.
Police Sgt. Larry Turner says Touchberry was electrocuted and later fell about 100 feet from his work platform. Police say Touchberry was on the lighting tower platform for some time before he fell.
Turner says it's unclear if Touchberry died from the shock or the fall. An autopsy is planned.