Jonathan Brown (Image: Richland County Detention Center)
Richland County, SC (WLTX) - Richland County deputies have arrested a man they say intentionally set multiple fires.
Officers took 24-year-old Jonathan Brown into custody and charged him with five counts of arson and one count of willfully burning lands of another.
Officers say Brown committed the following crimes.
• Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 4031 Broad River Road (Kestner Automotive) at 2:30 AM, Brown is accused of setting fire to a gold, four door, 2000 Lincoln Ls vehicle.
• Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 4031 Broad River Road (Kestner Automotive) at just after 11:00 PM deputies say Brown set fire to a burgundy Chrysler, and a gold Chrysler van.
• Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 1026 Beatty Road at 10:30 AM officers say Brown set fire to the residence and attempted to burn another in the same area. Richland County Sheriff's Department Investigators located a 5-gallon can of used oil stuffed with pine straw at the location.
• Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 1011 Beatty Road (Carrington Place Apartments) at 5: 45 PM, officers say Brown set fire to three separate areas in the woods adjacent to the apartment complex.
• Monday, January 28, 2013 at 4031 Broad River Road (Kestner Automotive) at 9:30 PM, deputies say Brown set fire to two vehicles, a four door red Chrysler, and a gold Chrysler mini van.
• Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 3827 Broad River Road (Taste of the South) at 2:00 PM, investigators say Brown attempted to set fire to a chair with a lighter.