(WLTX) - It's time again for people to sign up for Christmas assistance from the Salvation Army.
The group will be taking applications at their offices in Columbia this week. Earlier, there were sign-ups in Orangeburg and Sumter.
People who sign up for the Christmas assistance will be eligible to get presents from the annual News19 "Stuff-a-Bus" drive happening December 7 and 14.
Below is the specific information released by the Salvation Army that people need to bring for the signup.
The Salvation Army in Columbia plans to accept applications at the Ruff Building on the SC State Fairgrounds at 1200 Rosewood Drive on November 6 - 9 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Applications will be accepted on November 8 until 6:30 p.m. People applying for assistance will need to bring the following items:
1. Picture ID for the head of the household.
2. Identification cards for everyone residing in the household. The following IDs can be used: U.S. driver's license, Social Security card, State-issued non-driver ID card, U.S. passport, Employee ID card, School ID card, Health insurance card (not Medicare), Matricula Consular ID card, U.S. military ID card.
3. Proof of age for every child 13 years old or under. Only children 13 years and younger can receive Christmas gifts. Birth certificates or other official documents may be used for proof of age.
4. If your household qualifies for Food Stamps (SNAP), bring proof of your most current award statement (your award statement not EBT card). With proof of Food Stamps award, numbers 5, 6, and 7 (below) are not necessary.
5. Proof of all income in the home for the past 30 days (pay stubs, unemployment statement, SSI Disability, Social Security statement, VA or other pensions).
6. Anyone 18 years or older and receiving no income must show proof of zero wage (Zero wage statement from the unemployment office).
7. Proof of all household expenses paid in the past 30 days (not bills that you owe, but bills that were paid).
Please note that no children will be allowed in the fairground buildings during registration or distribution weeks. Do not bring your children to the fairgrounds and leave them in your car.
Please make arrangements for someone to care for your children elsewhere while you are applying for Christmas assistance. The door will open at 9:00 a.m. The door will close at 3:00 p.m. except on Thursday when the door closes at 6:30 p.m. All people seated inside will be served after the door closes. Chairs will be set up and everyone will come in an orderly fashion and sit down. Please understand that if you don't comply with these policies we will not be able to assist your family this Christmas.