Chemical Leak at Myrtle Beach Pool Sends Dozens to Hospital

8:03 PM, Sep 23, 2013   |    comments
Landmark Hotel in Myrtle Beach.
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Myrtle Beach, SC (WBTW)  Multiple patients have been taken to hospitals after fire and rescue officials responded to the scene of a hazardous material incident a resort in Myrtle Beach on Monday night.

Dozens of people have experienced an odor coming from pool chemicals at the Landmark Resort at 1501 S. Ocean Blvd, an employee at the complex told WBTW.

"The fire department working a hazmat situation at the Landmark, some mixture of chlorine and acid is all we know at this time," said Capt. David Knipes of the Myrtle Beach Police.

 The incident was first noticed around 7:45 pm.

Knipes reported that "multiple patients" were being taken to area hospitals, however he said that the injuries were not life-threatening.

Most Watched Videos