Donald Malina (photo provided by Alvin S. Glenn detention)
Columbia, SC (WLTX) A man accused of breaking into homes, violating parole, shoplifting, larceny and tearing up property has been arrested.
Sheriff Leon Lott said that the departments Fugitive Task Force arrested Donald Malina, 39, in West Columbia after receiving tips.
Deputies said that Malina was responsible for:
- Thursday, October 10, 2013 -- Malina broke in to the house by breaking the glass on the rear door of the residence - it was his third attempt to break into this home.
- Monday, October 7, 2013 - Malina gained entry in to the home by forcing open the rear door. Estimated damage to the door was $800.00.
- Monday, October 7, 2013 - Malina gained entry in to the residence by forcing open a basement window. Malina stole a container full of various coins, 10 karat gold bracelet, sterling silver red stone ring, Sterling Silver Simulated Tanzante ring, red overnight bag, Kindle Tablet, Cannon Powershot A1000; total estimated value to include damage $1430.00.
- Friday, October 4, 2013 - Malina made entry by breaking the glass on the front door of the business. Malinda stole a HP Printer, total estimated value to include damage $650.00.
- Sunday, September 15, 2013 - Malina made entry in to the residence by cutting the rear window screen and stole a gold necklace with diamonds and a jar containing various coins; total estimated value to include damage is $$4,300.00.
Malina has been transported to Alvin S. Glenn detention center and Lott says that more charges may be forthcoming.