Rosemary-Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup
2 Chicken Breasts, cooked or Leftover Roasted or Fried Chicken, pulled and diced
3TB Oil (Olive, Canola, etc) or Butter
1 medium Onion, diced
2 medium Carrots , peeled, halved, cut into half-moons
2 medium Celery Rib, chopped into 1/4 inch slices
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 tsp Lemon Zest
1 TB Fresh Rosemary, chopped (or 2 tsp Dried Rosemary)
1 Bay Leaf
Juice of Two Lemons
2 Quarts Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
8 oz Angel Hair pasta
2 TB Cornstarch plus cold water to melt
Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
1. In stockpot, saute onions, carrots, celery, garlic, lemon zest and rosemary for a few minutes.
2. Add lemon juice, broth and bay leaf. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Break pasta up into one-inch pieces and add to pot.
4. Add chicken.
5. Stir in cornstarch mixture.
6. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.