How to Report Possible Voting Rights Violations

4:19 PM, Nov 7, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Columbia, SC (WLTX) -- Thousands of voters in the Midlands waited in lines at polling sites for hours on Election Day. Some of those voters who experienced poll problems may be wondering about their voting rights.

The US Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division handles complaints about possible violations of constitutional rights. Specifically the department investigates discrimination based on race, color, sex, disability, religion, familial status and national origin. 

If you believe your federal voting rights have been violated on Election Day, you can file a formal complaint with the US Justice Department. You can do so online, by calling 1-800-252-3931, or by mail: U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. Room #7254 Voting Section 1800G, Washington, DC 20530.



Most Watched Videos