Samsung's new Galaxy S4 is seen during its unveiling on March 14, 2013 at Radio City Music Hall in New York. (by Don Emmert/AFP/Getty)
(CBS News) Consumer Reports published their annual list of Best Products for 2013 on Thursday, ahead of their November issue.
To compile the list, the magazine extensively tests the products in their labs -- last year, their team tested 3,550 products and spent a total of $1.7 million on purchasing those items.
After another year of testing, they have featured over 550 recommended items ranging from televisions to smart phones to wines and refrigerators.
Senior editor Mandy Walker joined "CBS This Morning" Thursday to exclusively reveal just a few of Consumer Reports' top picks for 2013:
Best LCD TVs
- LG 60LA8600 ($2,300)
- Samsung UN60F7500 ($2,200)
- Sony Bravia KDL-60R550A ($1,500)
Best Media Players
- Western Digital WD TV Play ($60)
- Roku 3 ($100)
- Hisense Pulse ($75)
- Charles Shaw ($3, Trader Joe's)
- Trackers Crossing 365 ($7, Whole Foods)
- Kirkland Signature Sonoma, ($7, Costco)
Best Smart Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S4 ($0-$200 depending on carrier)
- LG Optimus G ($0 on Sprint, $50 on AT&T)
- Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD ($150 on Verizon)