Unattended Pot Displaces 7 in Orangeburg Fire

2:37 PM, Dec 23, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Orangeburg, S.C. (WLTX)--A pot left on the stove produced flames that destroyed one apartment and heavily damaged several others in Orangeburg. Seven residents were displaced.

The fire happened just after 9:00 a.m. this morning at the Park Street Apartments, located along Park Street.

Captain Edward Conner, with the Orangeburg Department of Public Safety says no one was injured as a result of the fire. In all, about 6 units were damaged either by the flames or smoke. 

The Red Cross says it is helping the displaced residents, providing comfort kits that include personal hygiene products, money for food and lodging, and referrals to their partner agencies. 

A damage estimate has not been determined. 

Most Watched Videos