LIVE VIDEO: News 19    Watch
 

Three Escape Early Morning House Fire in Irmo

11:20 AM, Dec 24, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
  • Picture Courtesy Red Cross
  • Picture Courtesy Red Cross
  • Picture Courtesy Irmo Fire Department
    

Irmo, South Carolina (WLTX)- Three people escaped a house fire in Irmo Christmas Eve morning after the rear bedroom caught fire.

According to the Irmo Fire Department, firefighters responded around 1:00 a.m. All three of the people inside the home were sleeping when the fire started, but made it out of the home safely.

The Columbia Fire Department also assisted with the fire. Officials said it took more than three hours to put the flames out.

Investigators say the fire started from a propane portable space heater in the bedroom.

The Red Cross is providing assistance to the family.

Most Watched Videos